The structure of a large building at Tyler Perry’s Atlanta studio went up in flames last night.
According to Atlanta Fire Capt. Jolyon Bundrige (as per Access Hollywood), the blaze began shortly before 9 p.m. last night and burned through the building’s exterior surface.
Dorothy Ware, who lives in a high-rise apartment next door to the studio complex, spoke to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, saying that the building “was all in flames”:
“The building started popping…Whatever the fire was hitting, was blowing up. There were plenty of sparks coming over here where we are.”
More than 100 firefighters responded to the blaze. Luckily, no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is not immediately known.
Perry’s studio complex includes a number of buildings, including a 200,000-square-foot studio, five sound stages and a 400-seat theater in southwest Atlanta.