Frank Ocean Has Chosen Not To Press Charges Against Chris Brown

It seems as if Frank Ocean has decided to take the high road.

chris-brown-frank-ocean-fight-1359472484It seems as if Frank Ocean has decided to take the high road.

NBC News is reporting that the R&B star has confirmed that he will not press any charges against singer Chris Brown, who he said “jumped” him last week in a parking lot.

The change of heart comes after a report earlier in the week that Ocean was “desirous of prosecution in this incident.”  On Saturday, however, Ocean posted a message on his official site saying that he just wants to move on:

“I’ll choose sanity…No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit. Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom. Peace, albeit trite, is what I want in my short life. Peace.”

The lack of charges by Ocean, however, does not spell the end of trouble for Brown.  The 23-year-old is still on probation for his 2009 assault on on-again, off-again girlfriend Rihanna, and if the judge overseeing his case even suspects Brown broke the law, he could move to find him in violation of probation even without a criminal charge.

However, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s spokesman Steve Whitmore also said that if Ocean does not want to press charges, it would be difficult to proceed with the case.

Something tells me this won’t be the last time we hear of trouble from Chris Brown

Post navigation

Rihanna Slams MTV Report That She Provoked Chris Brown

Rihanna Is Happy For Chris Brown’s Success

ABC Will Not Press Charges Against Chris Brown

Chris Brown Smashes ABC Window After GMA Interview