Billionaire Wants to Create a New Titanic Ship for 2016

Movies, Say What?, Scandal, That's Just Wrong — By on 2012/05/01 11:19 am

Well this is a karma disaster waiting to happen…

An Australian real estate billionaire announced this week that he is planning to build an exact replica of the Titanic and have it ready for its maiden voyage in late 2016.

As per Entertainment Weekly:

“The finished Titanic II, which will carry 1,680 passengers, will be small by today’s cruising standards when most ships carry more than 2,000 passengers. To ensure the meticulous design, a historical research team is working with Palmer’s Blue Star Line Pty. Ltd. As such, there will be four decorative smoke stacks, though the ship itself will run on diesel. There will also be updates to the original Titanic‘s construction that will increase its sturdiness, maximize fuel efficiency, and allow the vessel to maneuver more precisely. Like, say, around icebergs (just an example). Palmer did not disclose the cost of the project.”

In a statement, Palmer called the project¬† “a tribute to the spirit of the men and women who worked on the original Titanic.”

Here’s the question…would YOU get on a ship called the Titanic that looks exactly like the original ship and will be sailing the same route? It’s almost like you’re asking for it…

In the meantime, check out an even better TITANIC II right here!¬† (Yes, this exists…)

Tags: , , , , ,

32 Comments

1. John Doe says:

Yes it’s genius but think about it god had a plan to sink the ship for a reason I think building a new one is like messing with gods plan.

2. Bryan says:

Im in…..if I had $750,000 to spend on a cabin. Thats what is sad that people like most of us will never be able to afford a ticket

3. Arianna says:

I thing it is a great idea that billion air should do it they say follow your dreams re bild it

4. Arianna says:

5. Nandani says:

what a scary idea! but if you plan to board the doomed ship once more please pray to Arch angel Raphael who is the angel of travel all the best

6. keenan says:

You will die anyway so if your going on that will be your last time you will be alive

7. keenan says:

This will sink half of the passengers will die and also I am coming to see it set sail my nabhour will take me because she nice and I watch set sail . And when will it set sail?if you know please tell me on facebook my facebook keenan johnson type a thing on my profile ok please. Thank you much

8. keenan says:

This will sink half of the passengers will die and also I am coming to see it set sail my nabhour will take me because she nice and I watch set sail . And when will it set sail?if you know please tell me on facebook my facebook keenn johnson type a thing on my profile ok please. Thank you much

9. Claire says:

When it comes to Southampton my son Nicholas will be in his element. He is five and obsessed with “The Titanic ” he has even named the iceberg “Jenny”!!! If you have the money to play with which this guy obviously has good luck brilliant business opportunity please send us four free tickets can’t wait to receive them will be a great birthday present!

10. Olivia says:

do you want to die then don’t buy the ticket’s our you will die.

11. Olivia says:

titanic stud not be copped because it mite sink again no one shed die people have to live.

12. Quinton says:

Guys…. This Is a good idea, we have the national guard to help if anything happens, and captain smith was a fool to go full speed in a field of icebergs, plus the water was soo still you couldent see the waves splashing up against the iceberg, but it was part captain smiths fault, and we can’t raise the original titanic , the ship is 100 years old, it will disenegrate when it gets to the surface, and its ripped in half too…… It’s only a dream guys…. We can’t raise it

13. fred says:

Funny, the Titanic’s passenger capacity was MORE then 2000. Total Capacity was 2453 plus over 900 Crew. People should research before they write articles.

14. Kayla Johnson says:

Oh that’s genius. What you want something to happen AGAIN!

15. Alcatraz fan says:

it’s gonna sink.

mark my words.

16. Jolian says:

why relive such a sad event. Let the souls rest in peace. Wanting a better life, it`s now the bottom of the ocean.

17. Sam says:

History repeats itself… That’s all I’m saying.

18. Lon says:

…I’m sure it would be an easy sell at our tavel agency…..

19. Susanne Mohr says:

Hallo,

is it possible to use the picture of the titanic in an PowerPoint presentation?

Best regards
    Susanne Mohr

20. Tom343 says:

In a heartbeat. The thought of a replica of that ship steaming up Buttermilk Channel is just so entrancing.

21. Sarah says:

Of course!

22. Carmen says:

The dumbest idea yet. Why can’t people leave well enough alone?

23. Anthony says:

Bring up the old titanic an use it to build a new one who wouldnt want to see the real titanic above water an if u would use old parts ud make the new titanic that much more rememberable

24. Anonymous says:

but what about the details, I mean the graund stair caise and the dining room and also what about the rooms, I mean the first class rooms, would their be the same like in the used to be

25. Anonymous says:

but guys remember, titanic from 19′s was a ship bilt from a technology at that century. we can’t think that that titanic with the hight standart and quality may sink. I’d like to buy first ticket to fitanic voyage in 2016

26. Vince says:

Oh and one more thing, the ship would have to be a replica of the Titanic or would not work! Meaning everything has to be the same. You can change the motors and the gauges but everything else must remain as the Titanic was originally.

27. Vince says:

Building a new Titanic is the best business idea that anyone has come up with. Just think, there isn’t one person in this world that wouldn’t want to go see it, and actually go on it! That being said, how many people are in the would? How much per ticket? Were talking about billions of dollars that the ship would make in profit. Can’t wait to see it!!

28. camden says:

titanic was mean to stay and not to be copyed

29. camden says:

You should not do that it will sink you watch and see when it does then you will remember me.

30. Vishal Singh says:

I want to go with you guys!!.I want to take a submarine to go under the Atlantic Ocean and take TITANIC out

31. ruksar says:

that is cool! I have an idea, you guys should include giant metal handle around the side to destroy any ice burg that intrudes let me know cya